The good news is that spring semester is almost over and summer is on its way!
The bad news?
Before that celebratory trip to Virginia Beach, you’ve got to pass your final exams. But after hours and days and weeks of study and preparation, is there anything more you can do to make sure they go as smoothly as possible?
Try these common-sense exam tips from test prep expert, Kelly Roell:
- Fuel Your Body – Should you have an energy drink before an exam? (Probably not.) Skip lunch? (Definitely not.) What should you eat the day before? (Chocolate and green tea, anyone?)
- Arrive Early to Chat – “The instructor said that question would definitely be on the test?? I don’t remember that!” These are the kinds of things you may hear yourself saying if you show up early and get some insight from your fellow classmates before the test begins! (Not sure when your exams start? Here’s a link to the exam schedule.)
- Pace Yourself – Don’t rush it! You may end up regretting it.
- Stay Focused – This is a hard one. The key here is to allow yourself mini mental breaks throughout the test so you don’t end up zoning out.
- Review Your Work – Ever get a test back and realize you answered a question incorrectly that you knew you knew? This is why it’s important to go through and review your test before you hand it in.
See Roell’s article on testprep.about.com for more detailed information on all of these great tips!
Good luck on your exams!