Reynolds Library has recently added new fiction, cooking and self-help titles to the existing EBSCOhost eBook collection.
These titles can be read in your browser, or downloaded to your computer, tablet, phone or other mobile device.
Popular titles include:
Need help with using or downloading these titles? Check out these research guides for more information.
Questions? Contact any Reynolds Campus Library. We are happy to help!
Library in your Pocket series: iPad and eBooks @ Reynolds Library
Check out how EBSCOhost eBooks work with your iPad!
Library in your Pocket: Go Mobile @ Reynolds Library Guide
The guide outlines how each type of Reynolds Library eBook works with iPad.
And also public library and open resources.
Questions? Contact us! Library staff are happy to help you one-on-one with your device or with any of our resources.
Access online articles and books from anywhere using EBSCOhost’s mobile access technology.
Using your iPhone, iPod, Blackberry, or other mobile device, EBSCOhost’s mobile access technology allows you to:
- Search for articles and books.
- Retrieve and view full text articles and books.
- E-mail results to yourself.
To get the free EBSCO app for you iPhone or iPod:
- Login to any EBSCOhost database.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click on the link, EBSCOhost iPhone/iPod Touch Application.
- Follow the instructions to get the app download link and your authentication key emailed to you from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From your mobile device, access the email and click the link found in the email to authenticate the application.
Note: You have 24 hours to access the key from your device to authenticate the app.
For more information on the mobile devices that are supported as well as the many features available, check out the following web pages:
Or ask the Reference Desk for assistance.
One convenient option for making reading material available to students through Blackboard is to create persistent links to full-text articles found in EBSCOhost or other library databases. Some of the advantages of providing persistent links to articles are:
- Students do not have to come to the library. They can access articles anytime and anywhere.
- It familiarizes students with research databases. Linking provides students the opportunity to see and use the database without having the added responsibility of evaluating and choosing the information from the database.
- The responsibility falls on the database vendor to handle the copyright issues (e.g., to pay the copyright holder when there is a requirement for that to be done). You don’t have to go through the hassle of getting the necessary permissions to: place copyrighted materials in the library’s reserves, photocopy the material, or download the full article on your Bb course site.
Copying and pasting persistent links from EBSCOhost to your Blackboard course/s is very simple:
- From your result list in EBSCOhost, click on the article title you are interested in.
- When the article appears, scroll down to Persistent link to this record.
- Copy and paste the permalink into your Blackboard course.
For more information on creating persistent links from articles found in EBSCOhost or other databases, checkout the links below or contact the Reference Desk:
Check out the EBSCOhost database, the Associates Program Source, designed specifically for junior & community colleges with a primary focus on disciplines of study within associate degrees and certification programs. This database provides access to 1,000 full-text journals as well as 100 full-text books. Areas explored include accounting, agricultural sciences, child care services, cosmetology, culinary arts, forestry, food service management, graphic arts, hair dressing, hospitality management, interior design, journalism, plumbing, heating & air conditioning, veterinary technology and welding to name a few. The database is updated weekly on EBSCOhost.
For further information or assistance in using this database, contact the Reference Desk.
A new collection of EBSCOhost
databases replaced many of our Gale databases on
To learn more about this comprehensive collection of EBSCOhost
other changes, click here
Now available – EBSCOhost 2.0 – A new and improved search interface with simpler and more intuitive search screens. Enhancements include:
- Advanced Search screen provides built-in flexibility for more refined searches.
- Visual Search option provides users with a graphically rich alternative to the Basic or Advanced Search screens.
- Image Quick View – Full-sized images such as charts, photos, maps and illustrations can be viewed by simply clicking on any thumbnail image in the Results List.
- Results List screen delivers a wide variety of brand new tools to help you organize, refine, and expand your search results.
- MLA & APA Citations – Click on the Cite icon located near top of an open article to access the article citation in APA or MLA format. You can copy and paste these formatted citations into your Works Cited page.
- My EBSCOhost sign-in allows you to save items in a personalized folder for use in future sessions.
Check out the wide variety of EBSCOhost databases available to you or try some searches using EBSCOhost’s Academic Search Complete, a comprehensive, scholarly, multidisciplinary database that provides access to more than 5500 full-text periodicals.
For more information or assistance in using the EBSCOhost databases, contact the Reference Desk.
The JSRCC Library is excited to announce that effective July 1, 2008, a new collection of EBSCOhost databases will be replacing many of our current Gale databases. This new contract between our statewide library consortium, VIVA (Virtual Library of Virginia) and EBSCO Publishing will provide our library users access to a comprehensive collection of databases that includes millions of online journal, magazine, and newspaper articles as well as books.
Included in this package are EBSCOhost’s Complete series databases:
- Academic Source Complete
- Business Source Complete
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
- Computers & Applied Science Complete
- Consumer Health Complete
- Education Research Complete
- Environment Complete
- Hospitality & Tourism Complete
- Humanities International Complete
Other databases in this package include:
- Alt Health Watch
- Associates Programs Source
- Economia y Negocios
- Fuente Academica
- Health Source: Consumer Edition
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
- Legal Collection
- MasterFILE Premier
- Military & Government Collection
- Newspaper Source Plus
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Regional Business News
- Religion & Philosophy Collection
- Salud en Espanol
- Vente et Gestion
- Women’s Studies International
This new collection of databases will provide our library users with:
- Substantially more full text content including more peer-reviewed titles.
- Content covering a wide variety of disciplines and topics with significantly more coverage in business and education.
- A new and improved search interface – EBSCOhost 2.0 – will become available in mid-July. With these enhancements, users will find searching for articles easier and intuitive. For more sophisticated and refined searches, built-in flexibility is also provided.
Our JSRCC community will continue to have access to the databases listed below. The new contract does not affect these currently available databases:
- Biography Resource Center (Gale)
- CINAHL (EBSCOhost)
- Criminal Justice Collection (Gale)
- ERIC (EBSCOhost)
- History Resource Center: US (Gale)
- Literature Resource Center (Gale)
- MagillOnLiterature Plus (EBSCOhost)
- MEDLINE (EBSCOhost)
- Nursing & Allied Health Collection: Comprehensive (EBSCOhost)
- Opposing Viewpoints Resource Center (Gale)
- PsycARTICLES (EBSCOhost)
- PsycINFO (EBSCOhost)
- Science Resource Center (Gale)
- Teacher Reference Center (EBSCOhost)
The following Gale databases will no longer be available after June 30, 2008:
- Academic OneFile
- Associations Unlimited
- Business & Company Resource Center
- Computer Database
- Expanded Academic ASAP
- General Business FILE ASAP
- General OneFile
- General Reference Center Gold
- Health & Wellness Resource Center
- Health Reference Center Academic
- InfoTrac Collection of databases
Check out the new EBSCOhost databases starting in July and let us know what you think. For more information or assistance in using any EBSCOhost database, contact the Reference Desk.