Reynolds Libraries has a new and improved online catalog! The new catalog can be accessed by conducting a search in the main search box on the library website, or you can access it directly with the following URL: https://vcc-srl-primo.hosted.exlibrisgroup.com/primo-explore/search?vid=JSRCC
If you previously bookmarked the old catalog link, please make sure you update it to the new link.
There are a couple things to note at this time:
- Database articles and electronic resources are currently being added to the system so in the meantime you will be better off searching individual databases by going to the A-Z databases page.
- There will be forthcoming customizations made to the look of the interface (color schemes, logos, images, etc.) so thank you for your patience as we continue to enhance the look and feel!
As with the old catalog, you can use the “My Account” feature to renew items, check the status of current checkouts, and place requests.
In the upper right side of the page, click “Guest”:
then click on “SIGN IN” (you will then be taken to the MyReynolds login page; once logged in, you will be taken to your account)
We will continue to make updates and announcements regarding the new catalog and hope that you will enjoy the improved catalog!
Sometimes an off-campus student clicks on a library database and receives an error message.
Don’t panic! This is a known issue with a simple workaround.
Some students are not authenticated for the databases on our network, even though they are correctly and currently enrolled. BUT if a student logs in to the main Virginia Community College Portal one time, they will be recognized and will be able to login to MyReynolds as usual, and every time afterwards.
So…here’s the fix.
While off campus, navigate to the main portal for Virginia’s Community Colleges.
Then login with the MyReynolds username and password.
Once this is complete, students should be recognized when clicking on the library databases…and be able to access them as usual.
Hope this helps! If there are issues, please contact any of the campus libraries for help.
Reynolds Libraries are a member of VIVA, the Virtual Library of Virginia. This crucial partnership allows Reynolds to purchase high-quality digital resources at a discount, in partnership with other colleges and universities in the state.
Reynolds Libraries was featured by VIVA in September 2017.
An interview with Hong Wu, Director of Library Services
What are three points of pride in your library?
- Team Library! Our library staff members really care, work hard and reflect the diversity of our student body.
- Students. A library isn’t a library without users! Reynolds students come from all over the world and have varied educational goals. Our students also have many challenges, including speaking English as a second language, working (many full-time), caregiving for loved ones, and returning to work after a career change or military service. Reynolds Community college is the place to get a start or a second chance.
- One library, multiple flavors. Our campus libraries reflect their programs and locations. Downtown is Reynolds most urban campus, hosts the most popular laptop checkout program, and offers an amazing cookbook collection (thanks to the culinary program!) Goochland is our rural campus and features a robust horticultural print collection, which is included in the Council of Botanical and Horticultural Libraries. Goochland also houses Reynolds seed library. Parham is Reynolds most suburban campus, and offers students a large, light-filled space with plenty of desktop computers, multiple group study rooms. Parham is home to multiple special collections, including the Paralegal and ESL collection. Reynolds Libraries digital side-our library without walls—reaches distance students around the commonwealth, thanks in part to our VIVA membership. Remote access, eBooks and databases make location no barrier to education.
What is the most popular spot in the library for users?
- At all three campuses the group study rooms are incredibly popular. Students use them for both group and individual study, and they are always in use. We had over 13,000 students use the group study rooms in 2016-17.
Which VIVA resource or service do we value the most, and why?
- The EBSCOHost collection is essential. Our partnership with VIVA makes it possible for us to provide this high-quality resource for our students, a resource that they will continue to use after they transfer to a four-year university.
Want to see more beautiful libraries? Check out all of the member profiles on the VIVA site.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers at Reynolds!
FACT: A mother’s education level is the greatest determinant of her children’s future academic success.*
Thoria Wassef (standing) and her daughter Naema Tawadrous (seated), who came to the U.S. from Egypt less than five years ago. Mother and daughter are both students at Reynolds.
We applaud them and all students who are—or will be—mothers!
*From READ Center Annual Report 2015-2016
Reynolds Libraries will extend its hours of operation during the last two weeks of the semester at the Parham & Downtown campuses (Mon, April 24 – Sat, May 6):
Mon-Thurs: 7:45 am-10:00 pm
Friday: 7:45 am-5:00 pm
Sat, Downtown: 8:00 am-2:00 pm
Sat, Parham: 10:00 am-4:00 pm
You spoke and we listened. Beginning in August 2017, Reynolds Libraries launched a new print system called PaperCut. This replaced the previous Equitrac system.
New features include the acceptance of credit cards and coins, and web-printing (from personal laptops/mobile devices). For any and all questions pertaining to the new print system, please visit our Reynolds Printing guide at library.reynolds.edu/printing. Once there, you will find step-by-step tutorials for using the new print system, tips, and a comprehensive FAQ.
Your EquiTrac print card can no longer be used for printing; however refunds will be available from the Business Offices beginning Monday, August 14th.
Thank you for your patience as we launch this new & improved system!
We would like to thank all of our students, faculty, staff, and community members for making this a memorable year at Reynolds Libraries! We look forward to assisting you in the upcoming year!