Today is February, Friday the 13th, but triskaidekaphobia (fear of the number thirteen) is the least of your worries, because tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, and you’re completely out of ideas!
Why don’t you let the library help plan your romantic weekend?
1. Take a look at this Thursday’s Richmond Times-Dispatch on the library’s periodicals shelf. Every Thursday, there’s a weekend insert that gives you the skinny on all the great events going on in the Richmond area over the weekend! Check out info on concerts, theater tickets, and special events. Maybe there’s something perfect happening right around the corner to surprise your sweetie with.
2. Come to the library early to get all of your studying done in time for your big date. If you need a quiet space, you can always check in to a study room for maximum concentration.
3. Pick up a romantic movie! We’ve got plenty of DVDs ready to be checked out that will be great to cuddle up with on this cold weekend.
4. Check out Mastering the Art of French Cooking by Julia Child (or one of our many other stellar cookbooks) and whip up a gourmet meal that will knock your valentine’s socks off! (We’ve got another copy at Parham Road Campus too!)
5. Brush up on your date’s favorite hobby, interest, or pastime so you can impress them with your dedication to learn more about the things they love. Stop by the reference desk and a librarian will help you find exactly what you need.