Reynolds Library, through our partnership with the Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA), has added two new databases for literary works and literary criticism: Literature Online (LION) and the Chadwyck-Healey Literature Collections.
Literature Online (LION)
LION is a fully searchable library of more than 350,000 works of English and American poetry, drama and prose, 382 full-text literature journals, and other key criticism and reference resources.
- More than 343,000 works of English, American, African American and Canadian poetry from the eighth century to the present day
- More than 5,000 works of English and American drama from 1280 to 1915
- More than 2,000 works of English and American prose from 1500 to 1914
- Full text of over 350 literature journals
- All 38 of Shakespeare’s plays in dramatized audio recordings
- Nearly 900 Poets on Screen filmed readings
- MLA International Bibliography
- Twentieth-Century Drama
- African Writers Series
- Twentieth-Century American Poetry, Second Edition
Chadwyck-Headley Literature Collections
Chadwyck-Headley Literature Collections adds more texts, including:
- Bibliography of American Literature
- Editions and Adaptations of Shakespeare
- The W.B. Yeats Collection
- Start at the library’s home page located at http://library.reynolds.edu
- Click on the More Databases from the Popular Databases menu on left.
- When the A-Z Resource List appears, click on the alphabetical tab for the database from the list at the top of the screen [L (for LION) or C (for Chadwyck-Healey)].
- Click in the title/link of the database (Literature Online or Chadwyck-Healey Literature Collections) from the alphabetical list.
- Begin browsing!
Questions? Contact us at http://library.reynolds.edu.