If you can’t find the Infotrac database from our library’s Research Databases A-Z list, that is because it changed it’s name from InfoTrac OneFile to General OneFile. Gale Cengage Learning, the company that owns General OneFile as well as other InfoTrac databases, has gone through quite a few name changes in the past year and this has confused students and faculty as well as our own library staff. Our two most popular and comprehensive multidisciplinary databases from Gale include:
- Academic OneFile (contains more scholarly articles)
- General OneFile (contains more popular articles)
To see a complete list of all Gale (InfoTrac) databases the library offers access to, click here. To access these databases from the library’s web site, following these steps:
- From the library’s homepage at http://www.reynolds.edu/library, click on the Popular List option under Research Databases A-Z.
- When the Popular List web page appears, click on Thompson Gale from the column on the right.
- When the Gale Databases screen appears, scroll down to review all the Gale database descriptions.
- Click on any database name to search a particular database. If you leave all the databases from the top half of the list check marked, you can search all these databases at the same time.
For more information or assistance in using any of the Gale databases, please contact the Reference Desk.