Do you need help finding biographical information on an author or widely-known person? Use the library’s online guide, Finding Biographical Information, as a starting point for your research. This guide provides a wealth of links to reliable sources. You will also find helpful search tips for finding information on a particular person. Here is just a sampling of resource links available from the guide:
- Biography Resource Center (library database) Includes over 435,000 biographies on more than 340,000 notable people from throughout history, around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas. Use your My JSRCC Login for off-campus access.
- Literature Resource Center (library database) Includes biographies on more than 124,000 writers from every literary time period and discipline. Use your My JSRCC Login for off-campus access.
- Current Biography Yearbook (books)
- Encyclopedia of World Biography (books)
- Biography.com (web site) Search for biographies on more than 25,000 notable people from the past and present.
For more information on using this guide or assistance in finding biographical information on a particular person, please contact the Reference Desk.